Are you aware that under the Companies Act 2016, your company’s website too needs to contain your company registered name and registration number?
A lot of you may have known that your company name and registration number shall be disclosed in the business letters, statements of account, invoices, official notices, publications and etc but not many are aware that you need to display or publish your company’s registered name and registration number on website too.
Pursuant to the Companies Act 2016, a company name shall appear on all bill of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques, orders, receipts, and letters of credit.
The following is an excerpt of Section 30 of the Companies Act 2016 in relation to the Publication of Name:
“ 1. A company shall display its registered name and company registration number at:
- its registered office;
- every place where its business is carried on; and
- every place where its books are kept.
2. A company shall disclose its registered name and company registration number on:
- its business letters, notices and other official publications, including in electronic form;
- its websites;
- its bill of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements and order forms;
- cheques purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company;
- orders invoices and other demands for payment, receipts and letters of credit purporting to be issued or signed by or on behalf of the company; and
- all other forms of its business correspondence and documentation.”
The company and every officer who contravenes this section commit an offence.
Does your website contain your company number and registration number?
How can Bizboard help?
Bizboard has a team of qualified and licensed company secretaries as required in the Companies Act 2016 and the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
Our highly qualified team has worked throughout various industries and has extensive knowledge to assist the company in secretarial matters.
For more information contact us.
*Follow us on:
🎈 Facebook or Linkedin for updates
🎈 Telegram for Updates on Corporate Advisory
🎈 Telegram for updates on Company Secretary